Garrett At Gold
a perfect land and water gold prospecting metal detector for detection gold nuggets, coins, silver and bronze
- Free Shipping
- Secure Payment
- Quality Checked
Garrett AT Gold metal detector
The Garrett AT GOLD metal detector can be used on any terrain (AT = All Terrain) and, due to its high operating frequency, is particularly suitable for the search for gold (natural gold such as nuggets) or for the search for small coins and pieces of jewelry. The AT Gold enables you to penetrate more deeply and to be more sensitive to gold / natural gold, e.g. nuggets / jewelry, coins, artifacts and general searches.
Search and find in the mountains, on the fields by the lake or in stony terrain, wherever you can find natural gold or coins.
You can use this AT GOLD metal detector to search in the rain or in shallow water areas. This device is waterproof and pressure-resistant up to a depth of 3 meters. The supplied land headphones are waterproof up to the earcups – an underwater headphone is optionally available for full underwater use.
The Garrett AT GOLD is due to its 2 DISC modes for the metal masking an excellent detector for the search for coins, gold and artifacts – Here the high frequency and the very good 40-step iron masking with switchable iron tone proves itself. The digital conductivity display – 0-99 – in addition to the block display of the type of metal – in conjunction with the analog and proportional sound output, helps to determine the type of metal and often also the object in the ground more precisely before digging.
The new 5×8 inch (13 x 20 cm) double D-spool is included as a standard spool. This smaller coil, in conjunction with the high 18 kHz operating frequency, is ideal for the smallest precious metal objects and coins. The gold washer and prospector will also find the ideal detector in the AT GOLD. Due to the narrow penetration depth of the DD (double-D) construction, a quick detection of objects lying close together with different conductance values is much better possible. Of course, encapsulated in a waterproof manner, like all GARRETT search coils.
|Search frequency||18 kHz|
|technology||VLF (Very Low Frequency)|
|Type metal detector||Digital|
|Number of search modes||-All Metal (all metals) -Disc 1 (metal masking program ) -Disc 2 (metal masking program)|
|Search coil||13 x 20 cm / 5 “x 8” waterproof DD search probe|
|Weight metal detector||1.2kg|
|Adjustable rod length||Yes, adjustable from 109-140 cm|
|Adjustability and shape of the linkage||Simple, with a round rod|
|Control unit (electronics) watertight||Yes, waterproof to a depth of +/- 3 meters|
|Headphone jack||Yes, 6.3mm jack connection|
|Built-in wireless module||No|
|target group||The detector is suitable for both the beginner and the professional gold prospector, because this metal detector has simple standard settings but also extensive options for professionals.|
|Type and number of batteries||4 x AA batteries|
|Battery life||25-30 hours|
|Readable battery level indicator||Yes, in 4 segments|
|Readable depth range||Yes, in 5 segments (5cm, 10cm, 15cm, 20cm, 25+)|
|Soil mineralization can be read on the display||No|
|Ground balance||Automatic and manual ground balance|
|Sensitivity (sensitivity adjustment)||Yes, adjustable in 8 levels|
|Discrimination of unwanted objects||Yes, 1 – 40|
|Object identification through audio tones (metal type recognition)||Yes (3 different tones)|
|Object identification readable on the display (metal type recognition)||Yes, 20 LCD segments indicate the different types of metal|
|Conductance display (metal type detection)||Yes, 1-99|
|Recovery speed (reaction time)||Very good|
|Volume control||Only through headphones|
|Backlight push button||No|
|Search coil lighting||No|
|Vibration as a metal detector signal||No|
|Online software update||No|
|Frequency changer||Yes, F1, F2, F3, and F4|
|Threshold (background tone)||Yes, 33-fold adjustment of the threshold background tone for the finest detection signals|
|Operating software in different languages||No, only in English|
|Depth range of small objects (1 CHF)||maximum 40 cm|
|Maximum depth range large objects||Maximum 125 cm|
|Suitable for use on the coast||Yes|
|Suitable for wading (completely underwater)||No, only the search coil is waterproof|
|Suitable for diving||Yes, up to 3 m|
|Suitable for mineralized soils||Yes|
|Suitable for wet salty soils (by the sea)||Limited|
|Suitable for finding gold nuggets (Africa, Australia)||Yes|
|Other additional functions||– Stable Cam-Lock rods – Real all metal mode without iron prefilter but with iron detection tone for maximum localization depth and sensitivity – Optional: 4 additional search probes available|
Scope of delivery :
- Garrett AT Gold metal detector
- 5 “x 8” PROformance – DD – probe (13 x 20 cm)
- Adjustable MS-2 headphones with waterproof plug
- 4 AA batteries, already inserted in the battery holder
- operation manual
- 2 year warranty
Key Features of the Garrett Gold Metal Detector :
- ALL-METAL MODE: True all-metal mode offers deepest detection depth and sensitivity on the smallest nuggets.
- GRAPHIC TARGET ANALYZING: Simultaneously shows the target’s conductivity and the detector’s discrimination pattern.
- ALL TERRAIN: Designed for use in wet, humid and dusty environments. Weatherproof housing can be immersed in water to 10-foot (3m) depth.
- DIGITAL TARGET ID: Numeral scale from 0 to 99; indicates a target metal’s conductivity for increased ability to distinguish targets from each other.
- HIGH-RESOLUTIONI IRON DISCRIMINATION: Provides 40 points of iron resolution; controlled with touchpads and viewed as a digital number on the LCD for the most precise ability to separate a good target from iron trash.
- ADJUSTABLE THRESHOLD: Allows the user to manually adjust the audio threshold (constant background sound) to better hear targets.
- PRO MODE AUDIO: Proportional audio response and Tone Roll Audio™ features provide more target information.
- IRON AUDIO™: Allows user to hear discriminated iron and to audibly identify problematic flat iron objects like bottle caps and washers.
- ALL-METAL IRON AUDIO™: A Garrett exclusive feature that allows user to audibly identify iron objects even while operating in a true all-metal mode.
- GROUND BALANCE (MANUAL): Allows the user to manually adjust the detector’s ground balance to reduce the detrimental effects of ground mineralization.
- GROUND BALANCE WINDOW™: A Garrett exclusive feature that allows user to “spread” the ground balance setting to reduce the response to subtle ground variations.
- FAST TRACK™ GROUND BALANCE: Automatic feature that allows user to quickly ground balance the detector in mineralized soil conditions.
- ELECTRONIC PINPOINTING: This Non-Motion All-Metal Mode is used to precisely locate a detected target’s location in the ground.
- ONE-TOUCH TREASURE HUNTING: With the touch of a button, your metal detector is powered on, automatically reset to factory (or your) settings and ready to search!
- Digital Target ID (0 to 99 scale)
For the first time Garrett has included a target ID scale. The Garrett AT Gold includes a digital target identification system to give you the specific target value.
This will help you identify buried targets with great precision and ease.
All targets are shown on the LCD display by number. Targets that are closest to 1 are the most ferrous (iron). As you go up the scale, the most conductive items come up with numbers closer to 99.
Treasure Hunt and Prospect for Gold in All TerrainsThe Garrett Gold metal detector is designed using a waterproof control housing and waterproof connections. These features protect the detector in dusty, murky, wet and moist environments. The AT Gold can be submerged in water to a depth of 10 feet. Use it to treasure hunt along the shore and in ponds, streams and swimming spots. Head back to those old forgotten swimming holes and recover lost valuables missed by other metal detectors. Now you can experience one detector that is equally good on land or in the water. Take your treasure hunting to a new extreme.
Understanding the Garrett AT Gold Double D Search Coil Design
Understanding the Garrett AT Gold Standard and Pro Audio Modes:Simply stated, you will get more target information and the fastest recovery on multiple targets. In the standard binary audio mode, the Garrett Gold metal detector delivers a full strength audio response regardless of a target’s amplitude. In field tests, a good number of detectorists prefer this type of consistent audio target response. In this mode, the audio is either on or off. For treasure hunters who would like to hear the most target information, the detector also features a proportional (Pro) audio Mode. This is the target response that is traditionally experienced with a true all-metal detector. The standard pro audio target response presents the user with the ability to hear subtle changes in a target’s audio response. The result is that a user can better judge the target, dimensions and depth at which it is buried. The Garrett brand pro audio mode found on the AT Gold and AT Pro detectors also has the added benefit of a quicker audio recovery response time when treasure hunting multiple targets in close proximity. In this illustration, you can see the difference between the binary audio and the proportional audio. Two target scenarios are shown in the example above. The Garrett AT Gold metal detector with binary audio provides a solid, consistent tone for both the surface target and the deep target. Compare this to the pro or proportional type audio response which provides a full signal for the surface target and a diminished signal for the deeper target. With the classic pro audio response, more information is provided. With the classic pro audio mode, the unique target profile or audio response of the target is heard. Try both modes and choose the audio target response that you like the best – customized for your personal preferences. Understanding Garrett’s Tone Roll Audio Feature The Tone Roll Audio provides you with the most audible target information and will help classify targets, particularly iron targets. Normal metal detectors with standard binary audio, produce a single target sound based upon the target’s strongest signal. With Tone Roll Audio, you are given a variance of target tones as the search coil nears, passes over and then departs from the target. By listening to these varying phases of audio sounds, you can achieve better overall target analysis. For many treasure hunters with standard binary audio, junk bottle caps and flat steel washers appear to be good targets. They produce a high-tone target response. This happens because the shape of the bottle cap and the flat surface resemble a coin which fools the detector. With the AT Gold’s Tone Roll Audio, however, the bottle cap will produce a very unique response with multiple audio tones. As shown in the illustration above, the bottle cap will yield a distinctive low/high/low response as compared to the coin’s unique high-only audio response. An area littered with iron objects in the ground can cover up good targets and even create phantom signals that, at first glance, appear to be good target signals. Garrett Gold metal detectors include a selectable Iron Audio feature allows the user to hear discriminated iron. This allows you to have the most information and avoid being tricked into digging an undesired target. In addition, the Iron Audio also allows you to adjust the mid-tone’s range to include all targets higher than the point of discrimination. You can effectively adjust the cut-off point between the low-tone, audio-discriminated trash targets and the mid-tone audio targets. This feature of the Garrett AT Gold metal detector works in both the Garrett standard and pro audio modes.
Understanding High-Res Iron Discrimination™ on the Garrett AT GoldYou can use the plus (+) or minus (-) iron discrimination touchpads to accurately set the iron discrimination to one of 40 levels. This lets you experience a great ability to detect good targets, even when they are located near iron trash targets. Garrett Headphones Included
Garrett Gold Metal Detector Operating Mode Specifications
- Depth indicator: continually shows depth of coin-size objects
- Battery condition indicator: shows battery life continually
- Search modes: three plus electronic pinpointing
- Select from true all-metal, discrimination 1, discrimination 2
- Electronic pinpointing
Technical Specifications of the Garrett AT Gold Prospecting Metal Detector:
- 5″ x 8″ (14 x 20cm) PROformance Double-D submersible search coil
- Garett MasterSound™ headphones (waterproof headphones sold separately)
- Deep-seeking true all-metal mode performance for all-terrain gold prospecting
- Comprehensive user’s manual
- Support cuff
- 4 AA batteries (batteries included)
- Target ID cursor segments 20
- Iron discrimination segments 40
- Search modes 3
- Sensitivity/depth adjustments 8
- Electronic pinpointing yes
- Frequency 18 kHz
- Audio tone ID levels 3
- Standard search coil 5″ x 8″ ( 14 x 20cm) DD PROformance
- Length (adjustable) 42″ to 51″ (1.06m – 1.29m)
- Total weight 3.03 lbs. (1.4 kgs.)
- Batteries 4 AA (included)
- Warranty 2-year, limited parts/labor
Garrett At Gold